Sunday, October 16, 2011

NHL 12: Build of the Week -- Two Way Forward

Sunday is technically the start of the new week so here is your build of the week a bit early.


2 Way Forward, Legend 2 (LW)
6'0"
195 lbs.
11" blades
Regular Stick Flex
Second Lowest Curve

Deking: 90 (+5)
Hand Eye: 85
Off Awareness: 81
Passing: 90 (+5)
Puck Control: 87 (+8)
SS Accuracy: 61
SS Power: 60
WS Accuracy: 78 (+5)
WS Power: 70

Aggression: 60
Body Check: 83
Def Awareness: 94 (+5)
Discipline: 99
Faceoffs: 65
Fighting: 50
Shot Blocking: 80
Stick Check: 94 (+5)

Acceleration: 82 (+5)
Agility: 82 (+8)
Balance: 75
Durability: 61
Endurance: 90 (+5)
Speed: 84 (+5)
Strength: 71

I saw the overall basis for this build here. I gave it a shot and really really like it. Offensively you can keep control of the puck and it has a reasonable shot and good passing. Defensively it is amazing. You take away the puck like crazy with the 99 defensive awareness and stick check. Pucks just don't get by you when you are in position. Athletically you see it has more acceleration than I normally use but I am coming around on acceleration. I may put up a separate post on how hustle seems to work differently this year than last but I like the higher acceleration at least on this build. Otherwise athletically it is similar to other builds of mine. Not a lot of strength and balance but doesn't seem to suffer from it much.

Some other quick notes on the two way forward. It doesn't seem to have the puck control issues it had last year. In NHL 11 you would lose the puck if someone looked at you funny when you ran a two way forward even with 99 puck control. I am not seeing that this year.

Also, I have a new look going here, might change it again but I welcome comments about how it looks.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see this build as it's one I've wanted to play, but just haven't tried yet. I end up playing this way though. And I know you had prior thoughts acceleration not being useful, but I really do like it. I'm not a speed demon by any means, but when the puck gets knocked out of the offensive zone, I'm extremely quick to jump back to help defend, and that makes a huge difference for this style play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I altered it a bit and it seems to be working great. What do you think?

    2 Way Forward, Legend 1 (LW)
    6'0"
    195 lbs.
    11" blades
    Regular Stick Flex
    Second Lowest Curve

    Deking: 85
    Hand Eye: 85
    Off Awareness: 87
    Passing: 90 (+5)
    Puck Control: 87 (+8)
    SS Accuracy: 61
    SS Power: 60
    WS Accuracy: 78 (+5)
    WS Power: 65 (+5)

    Aggression: 60
    Body Check: 80
    Def Awareness: 94 (+5)
    Discipline: 99
    Faceoffs: 65
    Fighting: 50
    Shot Blocking: 81
    Stick Check: 94 (+5)

    Acceleration: 82 (+5)
    Agility: 82 (+8)
    Balance: 72
    Durability: 60
    Endurance: 88 (+5)
    Speed: 84 (+5)
    Strength: 70

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that looks good. Depending on your play style you are going to want to tweak it the way you play.

    ReplyDelete